Tuesday, November 21, 2023

A Glorious Day at the Farm

Originally published 8/3/11

Does this look like a happier horse? Part of the morning routine is now taking Nocturnal Cowboy off pasture and getting him into his cozy, dark stall for the day. He'd lost his fly mask with the ears (again), so I switched it out for his earless version and then set out on a little mini-excursion around the farm to find said fly mask with ears. I took my camera.



This is what I discovered....

First, Grass. Yay, glorious grass. It used to be a weed patch, but we have successfully converted it to 100 percent green old, hearty old, grass!



Riagan in the grass...



Maggie in the grass...



more grass...



Our grass project at the neighbor's...also becoming successful...



Hubby at his gate...



Healthy, fat horses....



My beautiful Beautiful...








The herd...



Flowers...







All is not right in the world. I had some bad news last night that has made me very sad (non-horse related), but has made me think it all the more important to celebrate the moments we have with the people and animals we love. Life is not made-to-order perfect, but there are many small things to take joy in.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you had sad news. But there's nothing like horses and flowers to put things into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange things huh? I would think he has something in his nose and somehow the sun agrevates it. Be careful. Am glad he is better. Sorry you had sad news - Three of our friends have been diagnosed with cancer this past week. Love your horse pictures and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, Lea, I'd think that, too, but he's been doing this for a year now. It was just worse the other day.

    Yes, I had sad news. My dad, who has had prostate cancer, found out it spread into his bones yesterday. I know that the uncertainty that it brings into his life must be difficult for him. As for me, he's my dad---he'll live forever. He's a health conscious person who will live a long time with cancer in his bones. End of story. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, that is very true. Thank God for my horses and flowers. I'm heading out there again to soak it up. Just give me a bed in my barn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. My dear cousin's husband has that too...he went in for some kind of robotic surgery. They are very health-conscious and I know he will get better, so I'm sure your dad will, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Cheryl. I'm optimistic. I hope he is, too. I think he is.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion by telling us about your own thoughts and experiences.