It has been awhile since my last post, and that was on purpose. I have been preparing for our private cow clinic, and I didn’t want to write about it until it was all past.
Now it is past.
I am still reflecting
But as I do, here are some photos from yesterday. (More to come)
There was high wind, rain, a herd of bison, and a herd of horses running free and bucking around us. Safe to say, our horses were less bothered by the cows than the other elements.
But we survived. We learned. We grew.
There was, unfortunately, one mishap. It also seems to be okay today, but there will be some work getting confidence back. (It wasn’t Tumbleweed and me.)
I will probably have to break this down into several posts, starting with our preparation and ending with the day of the clinic and then post-clinic.
For now, happy trails!




Sounds like a lot of commotion! Hope all is ok.
ReplyDeleteThanks. It is good, but will take some time to work through.
DeleteI wondered why your blog was quiet. There is so much more take away from a small clinic, and private would be even better. That is a lot of unexpected energy raising elements. Yikes!
ReplyDeleteHow fun to share this clinic with your daughter. Your photos did a great job of capturing the experience!!
Thanks. It was nice to have my daughter there, but in retrospect, I think I pressured her too hard to do it. I feel bad about that, considering what happened. 😔
DeleteI thought writing about the clinic and preparation in retrospect would bring a better perspective.
What did we do right? What could we have done better? What did we learn and what do we do with that knowledge to grow ourselves and our horses?