Sunday, May 26, 2024

Semi-Silent Sunday

I want to take a moment to honor Shirley's mare, Coyote Belle, who has passed on. Tumbleweed is not one of Coyote Belle's, but I have admired her babies for many years. I wanted Rio, with his heart-shaped star, so badly, but it wasn't meant to be. She was a noble-hearted horse who produced the most amazing foals. She will be missed by many. Rest in peace and big hugs to my baby's first human mama, Shirley.

******

Best saying ever when it comes to horses: what a difference a day makes.

trot to lope to trot

One-step disengagements.


Who made this lunge line? I remember it being someone from the blogosphere. 


It sure has been a good one.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Linda. You have good taste in my horses, Rio turned out to be a really good one, winning ribbons in 4 H for both English and Western classes as well as showmanship, and going on to be a barrel horse and a flag bearer for the Calgary Stampede. (And the pick up men asked if he was for sale!) He's working with some of his siblings with his girl Rory in a feedlot as far as I know. But I'm glad you got Tweed, he sure is living his best life with you.
    I'm enjoying watching his progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shirley. I was sad not being able to get Rio, but everything happens in its own time, and Tweed just happened to be born at the moment I knew Cowboy (and Leah) had to be retired. I was ready to go! Rio has definitely gone on to shine though. Coyote Belle was such a good mama and compliment to Beamer. ❤️ you did good !!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. He is starting to pick up the trot to canter pretty seamlessly, at Liberty and in saddle. This work has paid off.

      Delete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion by telling us about your own thoughts and experiences.