Saturday, December 1, 2018

Photos to Paintings

We received our first snow yesterday, which will slow things down around here.  So, I've been playing with my photos, using two programs to convert them into paintings. I'll share some of them, and their multiples, so that you can see what can be done.  And for my blogging friends, if there is a photo you'd like me to convert to a painting for you, I would be happy to do so.  Just send me the photo, I'll convert it, and send it back to you in a few different styles.

They blow up onto canvas pretty well.  I sent the one of Cowboy and I riding bareback in to Costco photo center and they printed them off beautifully for under $30.  But you can send them pretty much anywhere and do the same.  

I have so many I love, it would be enough to fill up every wall in my house....maybe I will.











































7 comments:

  1. Nice series! It's nothing short of amazing how many photography options there are in our digital world these days. I want to cover my walls with photos of everything I love too, especially our horses! Until then, they make a beautiful live video outside our big windows <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have beautiful photos. Will you be hanging some up in your barn?

      Delete
    2. Absolutely! I want to try some different hand altered techniques with the photos for the barn, eventually.

      Delete
  2. Nice job on the photos to paintings! I bet some of them would look great in your home and tack room. I have a photo shop program that does this too but I haven't done any onto canvas. Actually, I'm still waiting for my daughter who is an artist to paint me one of some of my horses. Unfortunately, she really doesn't have the time with a full time job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make one and send it for a test drive onto canvas. I’ve done a few, and you do have to be careful if you’re enlarging them too much. They can get pixelated. The recent one I made enlarged well, and it was from a poor quality photo. I ran it through PhotoToaster to clarify and increase the light. Then, I ran it through Enlight for the painting style filters. It was an 11x17 canvas, if I remember right. Costco sent me two. I’m not sure if one was an accident. I didn’t need two, but oh well. If you have a photo, send it to me and I’d be happy to run it through for you for fun!

      Delete
  3. My favorites are the blue and purple one, and the one of you riding with what looks like Aspen trees in the background. My poet friends and I have written a lot of poems about Aspens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, the one with Beautiful and Little Joe? That was taken this week when it snowed. If you have a photo, send it to me and I’ll run it through that filter. I love aspen, too, and many of my poems include them. I spent last winter writing a poem a day about the aspen outside my window and how it changed, life changed, the surroundings changed. I’d love to read yours.

      Delete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion by telling us about your own thoughts and experiences.