Friday, July 10, 2026

Summertime

It’s hot. The kind of hot that makes you want to fall out of your saddle into some shady spot and fall asleep or wait it out. The kind of hot where you drink half a bottle of water and are like, oh my gawd, I’m still thirsty and should have brought more. But there’s never enough.

It’s just…So. Damn. Hot. 

If you’re riding, you try to get an early start and stick to the trees. 


Or, head to the water. 

But let’s face it, this is officially boating season. 


It’s jump in the Columbia River, at the base of Whitestone Rock, and swim season. 

It’s sit on your deck as the sun goes down and visit with your friends and family season. 


Summer is in full swing here, and though it’s not, and will never be, my favorite season, it sure has started out to be a good one. 

6 comments:

  1. Do they jump off that massive rock? That would be crazyyyyy.....
    Summer just started today here. Hot and humid. Not sure if I will actually get to ride anytime soon unless I go to a trail riding place. I sure miss having a broke horse but Tuffy is keeping me busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whitestone is about 600’ vertical feet above the water. The pictures don’t do it justice. We don’t even see people climbing on it. That Tuffy is sure smart and handsome. You always have a lot to keep you busy with horses. That is what it’s all about! The riding is just extra. I hope you don’t get too hot for too long up there.

      Delete
  2. I agree. It is So. Damn. Hot!! Looks like you enjoyed a nice ride regardless. Back in the day, we rode out earlier and shorter in the Summer.

    We have gone from too hot, to heat advisory hot. Pretty much this entire Summer. Other parts of the country are so much hotter than WI. No clue how animals & people survive the super hot locations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heat advisory hot is really bad. We’re not there yet, and I hope we don’t get there. Looks like our hottest day this week will be 93. Mostly we will be in the upper 80’s. We do try to ride early, too, but schedules are tough to coordinate to make it happen. ๐Ÿ˜ž

      Delete
  3. I confess that I enjoy summer. Even when it’s really hot (although that’s not my favourite). I love sitting outside and listening to the birds. Everything is so green and rustly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many great things about summer. Unfortunately, we also have to contend with smoke. It just rolled into our city today and the air quality is dangerous. ๐Ÿ˜ž

      Delete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion by telling us about your own thoughts and experiences.