Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What's for Dinner?

This has been a relaxing--maybe even, lazy, day around the house. My husband stayed home sick, sick, sick, so I spent the day bringing him water and medicine and whatever he needed. He's got a really bad cold. So, you can imagine how surprised I was when he asked....

What's for dinner?

I thought, hmmmm...dinner--didn't think of that. I've had Tylenol and Benadryl on my mind all day--soup and water. But he was HUNGRY!

Off to the fridge I went and what do you know--I found all the ingredients I'd need for a BBQ Chicken Pizza. I had 2 crusts I'd just purchased, bbq sauce, boneless chicken breast, onions, mushrooms, cilantro,peppers and shredded cheese. Perfect! Here's a picture of it before it went into the oven....



Here's a picture of my latest fruit find--apple pears. Have you ever had one? They're best kept and served cold from the fridge. My husband enjoyed one of these today, too.



And last, dessert. Shiloh has been a baking fiend since she was a little girl and I've always kept the kitchen stocked with whatever she puts on a list for her projects: chocolate chips, frostings, sprinkles, flour, sugar, vanilla, etc. I've dedicated one section of the pantry to her baking supplies, keeping all the ingredients in tubs in her section. Her mixing bowls and measuring spoons are also in one area and easy to get to and pull out.

She pays us back by making lots and lots of baked treats: cakes, cookies, brownies and today, chocolate chip scones.

However, she doesn't really eat them--we do. So, she stays skinny and we all get FAT.

Here are the scones Shiloh made after school today.

2 comments:

  1. It all looks quite yummy! A cousin of mine doesn't mind making sweets, but she doesn't like to eat cake or cookies (although she does love ice cream) and, you guessed it, she's skinny, lol. Whereas me, I have a major sweet tooth and would love to munch one of those scones :)

    Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of apple pears, but will keep my eye open for one. That pizza looks great. We had turkey club sandwiches for dinner, with broccoli soup. Tonight, though, is pizza night, for my daughter's birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.