Friday, January 16, 2009

Countdown Inauguration


However you voted in the election, and at this point, I don't think it's important--you are probably excited about Inauguration Day this Tuesday.

I'm excited for a number of reasons, but at the top of those is the Inauguration Day Parade. I will be watching to see our Mustangs strut their stuff in front of the entire nation. I hope President-elect Obama will also be impressed.

Here is Tuesday's schedule, I believe in Eastern Time--I left out most of the balls and luncheons:

Swearing-In Ceremony
Gates open: 8:00 AM
Location: US Capitol, West Front

No tickets are required to view the Inaugural Ceremony on the National Mall west of 4th Street.

2009 Inaugural Parade
Gates open: 7:00 AM

Event begins: approximately 2:30 PM
Location: Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

The majority of the parade route will be free and open to the public for standing room access. Viewing spots on the parade route are available on a first come, first serve basis.


If you'd like to see the pictures and bios of the horses and riders who were selected for the Inauguration Parade, click here.

Past Parades: The black and white is President Taft's.








4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the schedule. I'm for sure going to watch it and remember, too, that Jimmy is working only a few blocks away! I hope security is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could watch! I may have to go to someone's house who has a TV.

    That first picture is very nice, gorgeous horses.

    And thanks for posting the link to the bios. Those are nice horses. I especially fell in love with Bullet when I met him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures here. Can't wait to see the Inauguration Mustangs! And to think, if I'd never found your blog, I'd never know their story, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool bunch of photos, and thanks for posting a link to the Mustangs that will be in the parade! I wonder if they'll have it somewhere you can view live online? Swing by my blog, I've got a little something for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.