Friday, July 18, 2008

Cloud:Wild Stallion of the Rockies



My mom, who stops by the blog to say hello every now and then, loaned me the video Cloud: Wild Stallion of the Rockies, yesterday. I would bet that many of you have already seen it--but as you know if you've followed my entries, I was largely ignorant of Mustangs up until Beautiful's adoption, and hadn't even heard of Cloud.

If you haven't already seen it, you'll want to run out and get it--rent it, borrow it, find it somehow. If you're interested in buying it, please buy it from the Cloud Foundation site (link at right or copy and paste below).

http://www.thecloudfoundation.org/donationrewards.html

I've been studying the site today and they are doing a great job following this new effort by the BLM to euthanize Mustangs, raising awareness and fighting it. If you purchase the DVDs through them, the money is put towards this effort and part of the price of purchase is tax-deductible.

Here are some samples of artwork you can purchase through the site signed by Ginger Kathrens.

Dancing at Sunset

Photobucket

Sunset Skirmish

Photobucket

Photobucket

Greeting Looking Glass

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I just visited Cloud's site and it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the URL address to this on my blog. I was blown away by it. I learned a lot about Mustangs from it. I was surprised to see the band stallion, kill that new born foal who couldn't get up. I don't think he would have done that if it had been his foal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. URGENT! Does everyone know about the horror happening to Cloud? The Bureau of Land Management have just rounded up him and thousands of other wild horses from the Arrowhead Mountains (PUBLIC LAND!) using terrifing helicopters. They will go to auction. Why? Could it be that the beef lobby want that grazing land? Unbelievable but true. Don't weep - ACT. Sign the foundation and add your voice to the outrage!
    See
    www.thecloudfoundation.org and http://rtfitch.wordpress.com/2009/09/08/cloud-once-running-free-now-behind-bars/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.