Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Sharing Our Love



One of the greatest pleasures in life is sharing our love of something with someone we love.  When you see the thing that gives you so much joy, give them joy, too, it's an incredible high.

Our granddaughter came to visit from Norway with her dad.  She's nine and loves the horses.  Her parents do their best to give her horse training--signing her up for camps whenever they can, but she was really looking forward to some nuts and bolts horse time here. We rented a cabin and had a family reunion with all the kids and grandkids on my husband's side during the weekend, so we didn't get time to really play with the horses until yesterday.

She was soaking it all up.


First, I ponied her around on a short rein, but as she demonstrated an ability to whoa her, back her up, and turn her around, I lengthened the rope and let her take the lead off and on.


When you turn around and see this...


You know your little cowgirl has a HEART for the horses!

Her dad was in a hurry to get on the road, so he drove the packed car out to the barn to get her.  Before she got in, however, she gave me a hug and told me she kissed it goodbye.  I asked her what it was, and she pointed to my Cowgirl Cave.  I said, Whoa, we've got to get your picture in the Cowgirl Cave before you leave!  And, she was so happy and insistent that it be taken on her dad's camera so she could have it right away.  His didn't work, so I took it with my mine after all--


Someone found their happy place.

And, speaking of my little cowgirl granddaughters.  I have two that haven't been here in a while, but were up at the cabin with us.  You remember Sophie--the one who usually rides Penny and does the clinics with me--and her sister Cat--who rides Little Joe.


They got to ride a different kind of horse with me--Seahorse One--my water ride.

PS. Vote Willow. Voting ends August 33st--winning charity receives $5,000! You can vote every day. 

16 comments:

  1. What a happy post this is. It made me feel all warm inside. Sharing our love with little ones is a great gift and a wonderful high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! That picture of her hugging Penny is priceless. Penny always has an ear on her and ear on me, but you can see her eyes are closed and both ears are on Rebekah as she receive that hug. Horses get it. They feel energy to their marrow.

      Delete
  2. Amazing feelings to be sure! Wonderful memories you're making here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Nothing would please me more than for every girl who touches these horses to take a part of their strength and gloriousness with them forever.

      Delete
  3. It is wonderful to have someone in the family with similar interests. I've had to venture outside of my family to find horse crazy people. Each time one of my kids got a new boyfriend or girlfriend, I hoped that they would want to ride with me, but they all weren't even interested in petting the horses. My daughter's boyfriend will help clean stalls, but he's not into the horses at all. You've got a kindred soul there. I hope she can visit you more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're moving back to the states next year, so we're hoping she can come up for the summers. There are other grandparents wanting time with her, too, so we have to share. ;)

      Delete
  4. Very cool and the pictures are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love the pictures. Daughter, Shiloh, was taking them.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful memories for you all. There's one little girl who loves horses and always will. I hope when they move back there is equal sharing time with grandparents and you get to see a lot more of this little sweetheart. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd love to see more of her. I sure hope she keeps a love of the horses. :)

      Delete
  6. I love this post. I don't have grandchildren but my niece has been with me sharing the horse love. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that your niece can share it with you. There are lots of little girls out there who would just love horse time.

      Delete
  7. I have my little 'practice grand', Amy, whom I adore. She has her own buckskin pony and, at only 22 months old, she rides on the leadline without assistance. Amy is incredibly agile, strong, and balanced for her age! I do hope I get to do such things with my own grandchildren, if we are ever so blessed.
    ps. What? Did you have your children at 15 or something? You & your granddaughter looks like you could be their older sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No, my husband and I have been married for 15 years and she is 13 now. So, I'm a "bonus" grandma. She is very tall for her age, and surpassed me a few months ago. I was 37 when she was born. ;) She's my horse buddy!

      Delete
  8. You are the coolest grandma ever! It's no wonder all the grandkids want to spend time with you. I love the Cowgirl Cave pic, that girls got her own swagger going!! What a cutie! I voted for Willow again, they are neck in neck with another charity...will try harder to remember to vote daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for voting for Willow! This contest just keeps going and going. It'll come down to who remains most committed. Thanks!!

      Delete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.