Friday, April 21, 2017

Heaven, I'm In Heaven


..and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak
and I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek.

Heaven, I'm in heaven
And the cares that hung around me through the week
Seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek.

Oh I love to climb a mountain
And reach the highest peak
But it doesn't boot me half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek.

This song is dedicated to....


Sweet Leah.

Yes, we got the dance right today.  We did every obstacle at the trail course, and we crossed water. The first few water obstacles, she went through by herself, but needed to walk behind another horse for a couple of them.  Still, it was WAY better than before.  A success! We also rode along the river, cliff side, and climbed the mountain.  Leah led the group of five with a nice, but vigorous, walking pace.  She was out far ahead of them, but didn't seem to care at all.  She was tuned and listening--a real partner.


I didn't think it was going to go so well, but boy was I surprised.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a heavenly day! Bet you'll still be smiling in your sleep. What a great girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I look at her with gaga eyes now. Of course, she just wants food. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, indeed! I was very nervous on the cliff side though. She was looking over to the left and the drop off was to the right. I was gently talking to her through the right rein, "Leah, look over here. See this drop off, Leah?" She didn't want to look. I started to think, "If she walks off the cliff, I won't get to enjoy my new tack room!!!" She didn't. But I was OH DO relieved to reach the top, and I told my group, you MUST take our picture up here!

      Delete
  3. Your patience is really paying off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yesterday was the "pay off" and I credit the trainers who have helped me along the way...my first, Regina, because I warmed Leah up in the roundpen with her exercises before I saddled, and Rebecca, because of the winter clinics and last Sunday's lesson on the trail. I am a big believer is asking for help!!

      Delete
  4. Oh happy dance indeed! Love it when a plan comes together! Your patience, persistence and perfect practice (to quote John Lyons) is paying off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is and it's a far cry from my feelings on Day 50 of 2016, which seen together,really shows what consistency reaps. :)

      Delete
  5. Twenty giant leaps forward. I wish everyone could have a day like yours, because those are the days when we learn that our horses can do what we ask. I'm glad you got such a great ride out of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if horses have a light go on, that no matter what, they have to at least try to do the job in order to get home faster, things start to be smooth sailing...for most. At least, that's how it is for Leah, but I know we'll still have our days.

      Delete
  6. Glad you had such a wonderful experience out in nature's glory!! It's the best feeling in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, seeing your horse prove you wrong is humbling. I totally undersold her to my friends before the ride. I'm going to write about it today. She proved me wrong and I was shocked and proud.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like an absolutely wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great one. Very memorable.

      Delete
    2. It was a great one. Very memorable.

      Delete
  8. Thumbs nowhere but up!
    Literally & figuratively.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.