Monday, November 7, 2016

Finding Gold On the Eve of Election 2016

Heaven says--Enter between these two ears,



I'll give you my gold--




Here, in the United States, we're on the Eve of an election, one that each of  us takes personally and that may change the course of our lives and our children's lives.  As for me, I'm much more concerned with my children's lives.  I'm getting older now, and I've lived a full life, but it is my hope that my kids live longer and do better than me.  I think most Americans feel that way. Most people around the world feel that way.  I don't know why I was blessed to be born and live here and have this quality of life, but I am so thankful...and I do not take it lightly.

My friends without horses always tell me how lucky I am to have horses.  They're right.  In this moment, on this spot of earth, I am blessed.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I have hope in the goodness of people no matter the outcome.

And, for as long as I can, I'm going to keep pointing my way between those two ears--my way to gold, my way to heaven on earth.


6 comments:

  1. Love those pictures! I'll be voting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to find peace. I hope that the divides can start to heal after tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes. I hope so, too. William Buckley once said he'd rather be governed by the first 2,000 names in the phone book then the career pols, and I agree with him. Average Americans have a lot in common and would almost always give their neighbors a hand. There is more that unites us than divides us, but you'd never know it.

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful message! I'm so happy that you and Leah are on this path of discovery and unity...

    What truly matters in this life, to us, are what we should focus on. Good will prevail - regardless of this election. LOVE that second photo! *sigh* So peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a Cowboy ride. Can you imagine if heaven's gates are two horse ears? I'd be running in!

      Leah and I had a major break-through last week and it has made ALL the difference. The good thing, though, is that along the way to the miracle cure, I learned a lot of other things that are making me a better horsewoman. I'm grateful for that.

      Delete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.