Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Cord of Connection



This inspired me today from the site Liberty Horse Training.  Now, I'm off to a lesson with Leah.  Hoping to have that cord of connection.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase "each other" doesn't make any sense.


mevlana jelaluddin rumi - 13th century


"You can't get a 'yes' if the horse can't say 'no'."  Robin Gates

11 comments:

  1. This is a very inspiring post. Good luck with the lesson(even though it's probably over by now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very inspiring post. Good luck with the lesson(even though it's probably over by now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got to the lesson, but she was a little off with a slight head bob, so we just examined her and talked for a while, and then I brought her home. Calling my farrier out now. Hopefully, it's nothing shoes won't solve.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. nice post. I love the phrase about the saying 'no'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. " I don't want to move into resistance" That nailed it for me. That's what I am seeking in my training with Josie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's wise. At the very least, less resistance, and real choice. Freedom to say no, encouragement to say yes?

      Delete
    2. I think that's wise. At the very least, less resistance, and real choice. Freedom to say no, encouragement to say yes?

      Delete
    3. It's the fine line in teaching where what you want and what the horse can understand becomes one- and resistance is where you push the horse past what it understands for the sake of "making your point"

      Delete
    4. I'm guilty of crossing that line with Gambler. It never ends well.

      Delete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.