Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Connection: A Line That Extends Forever




Here's a video of our horses running in the snow on Christmas Day 2015.


And, a poem I wrote a couple weeks ago based on the post about connection called, "Power Posture."


Connection

Sit deep in the saddle,
Your ankle, hip, and shoulder
A line, that dissects some star
And continues past,
“Where does space end,”
The question your teacher asked
In the fifth grade.
Which is to say, it never ends,
And I can’t help thinking,
I don’t either,
Nor does this horse,
Engulfed in her own heat,
Evaporating into the cold air
Of another December.
What is it about two souls
That makes the one feel alive,
Connected, two dots, through which
A line extends forever,
Pierces a fabric, so thin,
We were together all along,
Though we didn’t know.

A little add-on joke:

Here's my Indoor Equestrian Arena savings plan!


Here's me in my new arena:  I look happy, don't I?  Like the fans and all the natural light?


12 comments:

  1. You have a super little pony. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you. She is a cutey. Definitely has the pony personality.

      Delete
    2. Always beautiful to watch horses run, especially in the snow. Thank you for sharing! Beautiful poem, also :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the poem -- especially the line about a dissecting a star and continuing on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do feel that there is a hint of eternity in our connections.

      Delete
  3. Love the video. There's just something about horses running in the snow that is so beautiful.

    Great poem too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Horses running in snow is fan-tab-ulous!

      Delete
  4. Horses are so very happy when the temperatures drop to the point we feel cold. Running, jumping, bucking or scurrying...

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if only we had full body coats like they do. Horses just love the snow.

      Delete
  5. That's quite an interactive herd you've got there, but the pony looks like a show stealer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. I guess so, although I have eyes for Cowboy.

      Delete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.