Sunday, February 26, 2012

So Much To Do, So Little Time!



Here's a before and after picture of last week's platter.  Since we're traveling to Gig Harbor every week, I'm taking some time to make a set of kitchen items in this pattern.  I love doing it.  I go to this great little shop, Java and Clay, and sit at a table overlooking the harbor.  Heaven.

I could fall in love with Gig Harbor, if I allowed myself to, but we have a home already, and I don't want to move again.  Still, it's a small town, about 7,500 people, and lots of little art shops, coffee shops and restaurants.  Everyone's very nice there, too.  I needed a piano to use for practice and I went into a quaint guitar store along Harbor View Road to ask for the use of theirs.  They were great about it and gave me my own private place.  The bed and breakfast where we stay is like a home-away-from-home--everything from the room to their dog, 'Bama, is so like what my husband and I have right here.

We returned home this week to a major snowstorm, but since we didn't have a lot of places to go, we got to sit and watch it from the windows of our home.

I haven't been good about a TTouch schedule this last couple of weeks.  I'm going to go out again today after their breakfast and work on getting Beautiful's head lowered (with use of the wand being rubbed up and down from neck to hoof tips) and the knuckle circles for Cowboy.  There's one more exercise she gave me for Cowboy involving the tail.  You stand behind your horse and start at the top by taking a tuft of tail hair and swaying your body to that side with a light pulling...then taking a tuft from the opposite side and swaying with it, all the way down the tail, side to side, tuft after tuft, slowly.  If you watch while someone else does it, you'll see that slight movement you make affect the whole body of the horse, right down to the hooves.

I think I have another lesson tomorrow, but I feel ill-prepared.  I almost want to postpone it.  I've also got to start getting Cia ready for training in April.  I really need to work with her to make sure she starts out at her best and gets the most rather than having the trainer lose time reinventing the wheel.  I also need to get her up to date on vaccinations--a requirement for going there.  One of the ones she needs is Strangles, but I hate to give them Strangles if it isn't absolutely necessary.  Ugh.  I can do the basic shots with a needle, but I've never tried to give the intranasal ones.

So much to do, so little time!  Please send the warm weather!

11 comments:

  1. That platter turned out absolutely beautiful! I'm going to try that tail exercise on Minnie. She has been lame for a long time and even though she is sound now she is still carrying her tail slightly to the right. I tried tail cirles but she didn't like them, this sounds a bit more gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That platter is beautiful, love the color and the pattern. Nice work!
    We are melting, out of the 7 inches of snow there's less than 4 now. So hopefully it's warm and melting for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, that looks like Beautiful, your spirited Mustang, running wild on that pretty platter :)

    Snow? You got snow? We haven't gotten more than a flake or two this winter. Everything's brown and drab here, except the beach, which was wonderful today. Very little wind, bright sunshine, perfect for walking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that platter! My favorite color and with horses in a southwest style. ...it would be perfect in my kitchen.
    I noticed that our old dog loves TTouch full hand circle rubs. Amazing stuff -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra, Cowboy loves the tail work. He was moving back towards me, which scared me at first, but it wasn't intrusive and I realized he wasn't going to kick. lol. My husband said his eyes started to close--a sure sign he's getting some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra--the only tail work I did was the tufts of hair back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley & Sandra, thank you. Shirley, we're melting, too! Today turned out quite sunny and nice. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanne--I think that look like Beautiful, too. Your beach trip sounded wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annette, I've been trying it on my dogs, too, and they love it!! Today I did the wand with Beautiful--to bring her head down and help her relax--and it worked miracles. I can't believe how a little bit goes such a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great platter! You're really very talented. We always seem to have to much to do and not enough time to do it in. The tail exercise sounds interesting. Have a good lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the platter! You did a great job with it.

    If you can get someone to take a video of you doing the tail thing, I'd love to see it. I think Tonka would like it. I'm sure his whole body is out of whack from his muscle problem. The other day I picked up his tail in my hand, and the vertebra shifted in several places. It was very disturbing! He loves to have his tail rubbed though, and this thing you're doing sounds like something his whole body would benefit from.

    I hate doing intranasal vaccines. The key is to be VERY quick, and I've never been successful with that, so they know what's up and it ends up being a huge ordeal. I take my horses to a springtime clinic when everything is discounted and I let the vet do it. She's so quick they don't even know what happened. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.