Monday, February 27, 2012

Celebrating My Husband's Accomplishment!


Congratulations to my husband today, his publisher sent him the first box of his book: Blowing Smoke--Rethinking the War on Drugs Without Prohibition and Rehab.

He worked so hard for five years, researching, writing, editing, and editing, and editing.  I did a lot of reading and rereading of all those drafts since he covered so much material it was difficult, at first, for him to organize and find his own voice.  But he went back to the drawing board again and again and again...more times than I've ever been able to, that's for sure.  Which has taught me a valuable lesson: those who finish books are those who are modest enough to take criticism and suggestions and passionate enough to stick out all the revisions.

He's always been my biggest supporter in all my pursuits from horses to piano and whatever else I undertake.  Today is my day to celebrate him!

Here's to my husband for following through with his ideas and fulfilling his vision!  I'm very proud of him.

8 comments:

  1. Amazing. That is truly a major accomplishment! Congratulations to all involved.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your husband! Certainly an event worth celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your husband! That's a huge accomplishment. I think it calls for champagne!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great feeling, opening that box and seeing those books! Congratulations to your husband, raising my coffee cup in a toast to his being an author, and wishing him much success ... Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. High five! Passion and perseverance paid off. What a tough subject to write about. I hope his book sales go through the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm impressed. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I'll pass them along to my husband. He will appreciate your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to your husband, that's quite an accomplishment. I wish him much success with his book.

    p.s. I'm sure you already know about this but if you don't and if there are future books in the works, there is a program called Scrivener especially for writers and it really helps organize drafts and research. Check it out it's very helpful. I have it on my mac but they're coming out with a windows version soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.