Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Month After Christmas!

Twas a month after Christmas (Robert Burns' birthday),
when all through the house,
 not a creature was stirring,
not even a mouse (there's not a mouse alive around our house--too many cats).

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, (a little clatter, anyway)
I jumped from my chair to see what was the matter
Away to the antique windows, I flew in a flash,
Hid behind the shutters and peeped behind the sash.


The sun on the breast of the new fallen snow,
Gave a lustre to mid-day and seemed quite a show.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but a miniature horse, I could see crystal clear.


I see you, Jasmine.  Were you digging up the yard?


Who, me?  I was just rearranging your snow.

On Dasher, On Dancer, On Prancer and Vixen, On Comet, On Cupid, On Donder and Blitzen...
but do you recall, the most famous ranch dog of all?
Go Riagan!



Ahhh...a beautiful day, indeed. Sunshine, good food,



fat and happy horses,



Beautiful Mustangs,


sweet barn cats,


blue skies.


Happy Month After Christmas! 

9 comments:

  1. Everyone looks fab! Great pictures.

    There is a little award for you at my blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure peace.

    If you'll allow me to correct a line, the one that begins On Dasher, On Dancer ...

    It should read: On Cowboy, On Cia, On Cowgirl and Red. On Beautiful, On Shadow, On Jasmine and all.

    (Did I get them all?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with the rhyme! The last few days have been so warm and beautiful haven't they.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to have nice days in the middle of winter? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww lovely post, I have found your blog from Wolfie's award and I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, what a fab rhyme and love the pix - what a gorgeous place you have, not to mention the animals. Found your blog via Wolfie's award, its so nice I shall have to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Wolfie!

    Joanne--I love that new line. Why didn't I think of that? And this one, Merry Month-After-Christmas, Merry Month-After-Christmas, Merry-Month-After Christmas to All!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shirley & Smaz--the weather has been great for this time of year. I hope it stays this way because now I'm spoiled.

    Laura and Joy, thank you for stopping by from Wolfie's!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.