Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Which One Should I Paint?

Here's our thirty-something year old Quarter Horse, Red. I love to see him looking so good.



These two are as married as any horses can get. Cowgirl loves Red with all her horse-heart, and she is deeply loyal to him, and him to her.



My dear friend, Cowboy. I think I can read his mind through his eyes. Here, he's happy I've come out to the pasture, but he's wondering about my camera.









I'm going to paint one of these shots of Cowboy, but I haven't decided which one yet. Which do you all think I should do?

9 comments:

  1. Cowboy is beautiful! I like the second or third one. There is just something about the look in his eye in the third one though!! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the second one down. The subject is "simple" and he looks focused and interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second one too - something about the framing and his expression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for #2 of Cowboy. The colors are richer, and it's such an interesting and tight close-up, there's something almost abstract about it. I'd like to see what you do with it with paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the expression on his face in the second one. And Red looks awesome. No way does he look 30-something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the vote is in on the second one of Cowboy; he has a touch of doubt in his eye, but not fear. Red does look great! Have fun painting.
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the second picture. What a handsome model!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the first shot, I would do that one. I love your QH, he looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.