Sunday, July 24, 2011

Heading to Ride the West

I guess it was three years ago when I found Beautiful Girl, my Mustang, at Ride the West, an annual equestrian event in Spokane. How time flies! The BLM had brought a group of Mustangs for an adoption and had them in pens there. She was with a group of yearlings. I adopted her within an hour of seeing her--it was a Sunday morning, just like today, and was loading her by 1:00 that afternoon.

Today I'm heading back to Ride the West to attend some clinics and check out the vendors. I'll take pictures and give a full report later. Here's today's schedule. Of couse I'm looking forward to the 3:30--Starting Colts on the Trail to Success. Wonder why....:

Sunday July 24, 2011

8:30 am Doors Open For Cowboy Church, Indoor Arena - $5/day admission, Kids 6 and under FREE,

Throughout the Day: Exhibits Open, Horse Drawn Wagon Rides, Bison Range Tours, BCH Wilderness

Camp Demos

9a XTreme Trail - Youth Division Walk Through with Judges
9:30a XTreme Trail Youth Competition - Trail Area, Spots available, $25 entry
9a - 10:30a Indoor Arena - Julie Jene' Certified TTEAM Practitioner
9:00 - 10:30a Round Pen - Steve Rother EXCEL with Horses"Problem Solving to Advanced Horsemanship"
10:30a - Noon Round Pen - Ann Kirk - "Connecting the Bridle from the Ground Up"
10:30a -1pm Indoor Arena - Van Hargis "Ranch Sorting/Cow Work" $150/horse/rider, spots available
11:30a Trail Area - XTreme Trail Open Division Walk Through with Judges
Noon Trail Area - XTreme Trail Open Division Competition SPOTS AVAILABLE $50 entry
1p - 2:30p Round Pen - Ann Kirk "Is your Problem the Saddle"
1p - 4pm Indoor Arena - Steve Rother "EXCEL with Horses" Part 2, Spots available Horse/Rider $150 or $250for both days, spots available
2:30 - 3:30p Round Pen - Van Hargis "WHOA! Three Steps to Stopping"
3:30p - 5p Round Pen - Introducing: Ethan Storey - Starting Colts on the Trail to Success
4:30pm Trail Area XTREME TRAIL FINALS (TOP 6) Judged by Van Hargis, Ann Kirk, Steve Rother
5pm Doors Close

4 comments:

  1. I would never be able to go to something like that, I'd want to take them all home with me...and feel bad if I couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days we'll have to meet up in Spokane, it's only a couple hours from here. Any events there this fall?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that Ride the West still had good clinicians and demos now that it's in the new location. Maybe I'll have to go next year.

    Hope you have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, I'm so unorganized I don't ever think about what's going on until the actual day! I'll have to ask around and see. I know this Friday I'm driving down to Dayton to see THE Buck Brannaman. I said I wasn't a groupie, but seems like I'm starting to be one after all. Why don't you just drive over and ride with me? I'll take you around Riverside State Park--pretty country.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.