Thursday, June 2, 2011

Graduation 2011!

What a Spring! Busy, Busy, as I'm sure everyone else's is, too. This week my BIG event is my daughter's high school graduation. Yes, it's that time--my second child will be moving into the bigger, adult world. I'll only have one left in school now and that just seems weird.

All week I've been preparing for her graduation party since it will be here at the house and all her family and friends are coming to town to for it. There could be as many as 100 and no less than 60 come through on Saturday. We've planted, cleaned the barn inside and out, the house inside and out and now all that is left is the baking--a bazillion Thai Chicken Pizzas--her favorite.

My other big project today, while I bake, is scanning all her childhood photos onto the computer and making a movie of her life that will play during the party. Bitter sweet moment.

There isn't a lot going on with the horses this week. They're enjoying the green grass and running the fenceline with the neighbor's brood mares and babies. I never did receive my Cashel fly mask, which makes me think I messed up the order in some way. I need to go back over my emails and see what happened. Maybe I didn't complete the order.

Here are some pictures from our projects of the last week.






See you all after the graduation!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing shindig you've got going on ... Congratulations and the very best wishes to your daughter on her future endeavors. This is an exciting time for her!

    Raising my coffee cup in a Graduation Toast ... Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's going to be a huge party! Prob'ly take you a couple of days to recover. Hope you have nice weather for it, and congratulations to the grad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Everything looks gorgeous! Congratulations on a job well done (getting another one through school). Don't forget to take the time to hug a mustang.
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a party! And how bittersweet it must be to have her graduating.

    Beautiful pictures! I'm sure your place is going to look fantastic for the party.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.