Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Something New and Exciting

I'm taking on a fun new adventure--watercolor!

I was over at Joanne's blog, Whole Latte Life, this morning and read her interview with Laure Ferlita--watercolor artist--and found out she teaches online classes. I followed the link to her website, Imaginary Trips, and thought--now that would be a blast--a watercolor class! I hadn't really thought about it before, but the idea struck me like a wild herd of runaway horses! (I know that image will resound with those of you with herds of wild horses.)

Imagine this: a watercolor journal of my garden--crocus, lilies, daffodils, daisies, snowdrops, lilacs, dahlias....ahhhhh. And imagine this: a watercolor journal of my horses--Beautiful Girl now, Beautiful Girl as a baby, Old Red, Sweet Cowboy, fearful Jasmine....ahhhh.

I reserved my spot. I purchased my supplies. I'm chomping at the bit.



7 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you signed up ... I've been to the blog of another of Laure's students, and she posts some of her paintings on her blog ... I hope you will too! Paint on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like her teaching style, and I think it will help me become a better observer--an excellent quality for horsemanship, writing, piano..pretty much everything. I think I'm going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the inspiration, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love the idea of a watercolor journal of your horses! I can't wait to see it!
    *hugs*
    ~Ambers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watercolors are a challenge to work with, but when everything comes together just right you end up with something astoundingly beautiful.

    I look forward to seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun project. Can't wait to see your finished works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lot of fun. Sometimes we have artist groups come to the lodge for retreats. One from last summer is coming back this spring; she teaches water color. I will have to pay more attention to them so I will know what you are talking about. Enjoy.
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.