Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter, Everyone!

Well, we finally got our sunshine, and just in time for our daughter's Senior Prom. This will be the last time I get to help her prepare for a formal dance...until her wedding. So, it was a big day for me. I got lots of pictures! My little horse buddy daughter is ALL grown up. And I do think horses have helped shape her into a lovely, strong woman.

Shiloh drove her group in our 4x4 Limo. And, at the end of the night, she was voted Prom Queen. I don't know where she gets THOSE genes. Well, actually I do. Her grandma and aunt were like that.



She's all grown up, but what a treasure she's been to me all her life. She and I were always very, very close. I homeschooled her up to the 7th grade and she'd go on all my horseback rides and out to all the lunches with my horse buddies. She was one of us when she was only ten years old.









Today is sunshine again and warm temperatures! There really will be a spring! We're going for an Easter ride with our horses and then back home to plant Dahlias.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter day, too.

8 comments:

  1. She's beautiful Linda. I have to say that the flexing in her prom dress is by far my favorite picture :).

    Happy Easter to you and yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda...Great pictures in your post. The image of your daughter showing off her muscles while wearing her Prom dress is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress and awesome model. My friend's daughter is in college and they are having a prom, so it might not be the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, the flexing in the prom dress wins! I like that one, too. I'm glad she didn't take the whole thing too serious, but had a good time isntead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and beautiful daughter! I do agree that horses give girls so much in their growing up years. SO MUCH. And I am loving the blessing of young adult children!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so beautiful! What a blessing our children are. They just grow WAY too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, your daughter looks so beautiful for her prom. You must've had lots of fun helping her get ready. I hope she had a wonderful time, and wish her many magical days like this one, still to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanne--it was a magical day for her. Everyone needs a few of those days in their lives.

    Thanks, everyone, for your kind compliments.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.