Thursday, April 14, 2011

Beautiful Escape Artist


Well, artist might not be the word for it. There's no mystery how she got out of her 24' run. I guess that's why they tell you to get the extra tall panels for Mustangs.

The miracle is there are no apparent injuries, but I'll be watching her closely today.

I don't like to see my Beautiful Girl be this herd bound. The herd wasn't even out to pasture--they were in the turnout that surrounds her stall. I have some thinking to do.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a wonderful 44th. My husband cooked up some filets and we had homemade Tennessee Muscat wine. It was very nice.

My husband purchased two gifts for me. One was a Royal Star Magnolia to replace the other he'd bought for me on Mother's Day three years ago. We had an early freeze one fall, that came before the leaves had turned color, and it killed my sweet Magnolia. My new one is inside until it's safe to plant. I'm enjoying its blossoms right now.







Here's me with my little nephew at the party. I think my husband took the photo in black in white to make me feel older.



And here's the other gift he bought for me--a jewelry cabinet. It has the tooling and turquoise conchos. I kind of love it.

It's a mirror....



and voila! It's a jewelry cabinet!

10 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I love your gifts, and your cute little birthday buddy!

    Bummer about the fence jumping. I'm glad Beautiful didn't get injured. Bella has done that a couple times too, when separated from the herd. The other horses were right nearby in her case too. The good news is she doesn't seem to be herd bound when I take her out (not that I've done that in quite a while). Hopefully Beautiful won't feel alone when you're working with her, and it won't be an issue during training? I hope you can keep her from hurting herself when you're not around. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo of you and your nephew- and it doesn't make you look oder!
    Have you tried electric fence with Beautiful? I like to run a highly visible white tape about a foot inside the fence, and let them get zapped a time or two- it keeps them from pushing on the fence.
    Verrrrry nice jewelry cabinet! I kinda love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm seriously liking that jewelry cabinet. You'd never even know it held jewelry when it's closed, what a great idea. Looks like you had a festive birthday. We always come up with a birthday motto here, rhyming with the new age. So let's see, for you ... Forty-four and ready for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, she definitely bent that over. I'm with Shirley about the electrical tape. It teaches them to not push the limits of fences or gates.

    I wish I was that kind of "older." LOL Nice happy pic.

    Very clever jewelry cabinet. I never would have guessed. Sounds like you had a great birthday. That's very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea--so Bella did it, too? Wow. She acts fine when I separate her from them when I'm out there, too, but this was the first time in a while I put her in a stall alone and left her.

    Shirley--Good suggestion. I do use electric around the whole perimeter of our fence--but not in the stall runs. I wonder if I could do that? She respects electric. The first time I ever introduced her to it, she tried to eat it and got zapped in the mouth. That was a few years ago.

    Joanne--I like your rhyme, and I am ready for more--so I it's perfect!

    Mikael--Thank you--and you're right, 44 isn't old. I actually felt 44 when I was 34..now I feel 44...so I've caught up with myself! Now, I think I'll just stay 44 for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy bday! you look awesome in that pic and certainly not 44...i was just looking at a jewelry armoire. i found one that hung on the wall. super nice gift there...speaking of magnolias...i have a giveaway this weekend from white flower farm. you would love that place. i sure hope your beautiful girl is ok...thank heavens mine haven't tried that trick yet...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh -- where did he find that beautiful mirror/jewelry cabinet?? I've never seen anything like it and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, that's scary. I learned very quickly not to leave my mare alone in the pasture because she'll do anything to get out- including tear herself up.

    We've been working very hard to help her be comfortable with me away from other horses but I doubt I'll ever be able to leave her alone. It's a toughy.

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your husband had excellent taste! Happy Birthday. I think I remember 44...lol. I don't really know. Your nephew is cute!

    Aren't those 'horse moments' the ones that just keep us humble..?...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful jewelry cabinet, I think I love it too. And that tree is so gorgeous too, what a thoughtful guy.

    Looks like Beautiful wants to be a jumper?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.