Sunday, February 13, 2011

What a Wonderful Day Before Valentines

The temperature was a balmy 50 degrees today, and we were loving every minute of it. My husband and I took advantage of the opportunities it presented--working with the horses (and pony), finishing up the tie post, taking our dogs for a walk and soaking in the sun.

I don't say enough about my husband on this blog, but he is the backbone behind everything we do. He might not love horses as much as I do, but he loves me--and his care of the horses, the dogs, the cats, the goats and people who come here, is all the proof I need of it, and my Valentine's gift. (That, and my daughter, Shiloh, who was actually born on Valentine's Day.)

Last night, watching Ghost, which, by the way, was the first time my husband and I ever saw it, we were impressed by what he said as he left for the other world:

He said, "It's amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you."

I believe it's true, the more people and animals you love, the more you have to take with you. When I die, my heaven's going to be full of dogs, cats, goats, 1 hawk, a parakeet, ducks, my friends, my family, lots of horses, and my husband.

Happy Valentine's Day to you, and I hope it includes much time with all those who are special in your life.







7 comments:

  1. Here's to love of all kinds ... Raising my coffee cup in a Valentine's toast ... Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tie post looks great. It's good you have such great support doing the things you love.


    Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a toast to love! Here here!

    Thank you, Mikael--there's nothing like a solid tie post to say, HAPPY VALENTINES, to a horsewoman. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,thoroughly enjoyed your thoughts and pictures.We had temps in the 50's too.My husband washed my very dirty truck AND cleaned the horse water tank yesterday!I hadn't mentioned either chore to him.I'd planned on doing them myself.I told him that was the perfect Valentine's gift!He didn't even remember Monday was V-day which actually makes his effort more endearing.

    I believe when I cross over there will be more animals to meet me than people! I have always liked that line in Ghost too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, isn't that the truth. Wish my husband would get that figured out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day Linda! Send some of that nice 50 degree weather my way please!? We're finally getting in the 36 range. That feels good too but I'm ready for some REAL warm weather. Can we say spring fever? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie--Your husband sounds like a real sweetheart. Cleaning the dirty water tank is up there with building the tie post!

    Nikki--I wish I would have sent you some before it went away. :( Today was overcast and drizzly and in the 40's.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.