Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Maybe Christmas Doesn't Come From a Store


And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?
It came without ribbons! It came without tags!
"It came without packages, boxes or bags!"
And he puzzled three hours, `till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
"Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!


Dr. Seuss--How the Grinch Stole Christmas



I grew up with this 1966 version of the Grinch.



Tonight, after the farrier, and the Christmas party, and everything else, I sat down and watched it with my husband (who'd never seen it!) and my kids.



It wasn't Jim Carey, but they humored me.



We are blessed, here in Whoville, with much love.


****Interview with TJ Holmes about PZP should be finished by Thursday or Friday--so if you have any questions for her, please comment below and I'll forward them on to her. Part of the herd she follows has been administered PZP and she has taken classes on darting it.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I'd take this version over Jim Carey any day. This one is so full of charm. It's right up there with Rudolph and Frosty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just watched the Jim Carrey one last night; I've never seen the first version and I feel like I'm missing out. It's snowing out so I had better get outside and finish the Lodge decorations before that snow plow goes by again.
    Merry Christmas
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Joanne, it's a classic!

    Juanita, you're like my husband--I thought everyone had seen the classic version. You need to watch it someday--it's great. The scene around the Christmas tree at the end always makes me cry....though, I really want my present this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The classic version is the best version. It's not Christmas with the "welcome, welcome Christmas Day" song...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.