Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Beautiful Girl Celebrates the Holidays

Merry Christmas, everyone! Thank you for your kindness to Beautiful and me, and may you be blessed with much love and great personal accomplishment in 2011!



My horse has a hoof like striped agate;
Her fetlock is like a fine eagle plume;
Her legs are like quick lightning.




My horse's body is like an eagle-plumed arrow;
My horse has a tail like a trailing black cloud.




I put flexible goods on my horse's back;



The Little Holy Wind blows through her hair.
Her mane is made of short rainbows.




My horse's ears are made of round corn.
My horse's eyes are made of big stars.




My horse's head is made of mixed waters--
From the holy waters--she never knows thirst.




My horse's teeth are made of white shell.
The long rainbow in in her mouth for a bridle
and with it I guide her.




When my horse neighs, different-colored horses follow.
When my horse neighs, different-colored sheep follow.
I am wealthy, because of her.




Before me peaceful,
Behind me peaceful,
All around me peaceful--
Peaceful voice when she neighs.




I am everlasting and peaceful.
I stand for my horse.


--Unknown Navajo Poet

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem - wonderful photos - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the line "I am wealthy, because of her." I feel the same way, all the richer because of a few people in my life.

    And Beautiful, wow! She grows more stunning with each passing day.

    Merry Christmas Linda, to you and yours. Wishing you peace and happiness this holiday season, and all the best wishes with Beautiful this Spring ... What a gift she is in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful:) Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Joanne. I love that same line. I'm starting to really look forward to this Spring now. Merry Christmas to you, too. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time together this holiday. I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And to you, Jennifer. Enjoy your family and that beautiful Christmas tree of yours! (PS, I got my daughter one of the palomino ornaments this year, and she loved it!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely thing to read first thing in the morning while having my coffee. Thank you! Beautiful is aptly named. She is a gorgeous horse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, she IS beautiful, indeed! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful Posting Linda. I too am increasingly wealthy because of our Mustangs. Sage and Pepper keep me young and feeling rich. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wilsonc, I'm glad you also enjoyed the poem. Thank you for the compliment of BG. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl--Merry Wet Christmas to you down in California! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lea, it's obvious to all who read your blog about your life with Mustangs that they've given so much to you and your family through the years--and you to them. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful poem and so appropriate for Beautiful Girl! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas to you, too, TJ. I'll be sending you an email in a few days with the next post--this time you can look over it beforehand. ;) Have fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's such a pretty horse and those are really good photos as well. You have come a long way with her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's such a perfect poem! The pictures are so pretty, I wish it would snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas to you all--Arlene, Rising Rainbow and Sally--or now I guess it's Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Going back through some of your posts ... No relation, but if our Winona grows up to be half as beautiful as your Beautiful Girl ... What *glorious* girls!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! I think she's well on her way!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.