Tuesday, November 23, 2010

After the Blizzard: Pictures In the Snow



We had a blizzard last night so we locked all the horses in the barn. When I went to let them out today, snow had drifted at the front barn door about two and half feet high. Beautiful stopped as we were walking out and had to think about going into it. I gave her a second and then she trudged right through the snow wall.

Here are the dogs--the Irish Wolfhound, Riagan, and Maggie.



I kept increasing Beuatiful's feed rations since summer until I was feeding her double what I was feeding the others. I've realized that she can handle more food. I'm really liking the weight she's at now. I think she's grown some, too--which may be why she can eat so much.









Cia, wishing she could get out.


Cowboy coming to say, hi.

The horses after they were released from the barn--back to the round bale!





Cia, coming to say, hi.



Old Red. He's getting double rations, too. So far, he's keeping on the weight, but he's an old guy.


Mt. Spokane, before the blizzard.


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hallo, wunderschöne Pferde, wunderschöne Bilder.
    Liebe Grüße
    Silvia-Maria

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.