Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day



Here on the Pacific Coast the schedule says 8:30 am the Swearing-In Ceremony will start--9:00 will be the actual swearing in. Then, President Obama will go to lunch, and after he's finished, the parade will start around 11:30-12:00 our time.

It took the Mustangs 7 days to get there--but all are safe and ready to go.

My husband and I read Lincoln's Inaugural addresses Sunday morning--and, from what I understand, President Obama read from Lincoln's own bible this weekend. His second Inaugural is much stronger (and shorter) than his first. This is how he concludes it:

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.

Here's to peace and healing the nation's wounds--here's to President Obama--my hope is that he leads our country with wisdom and justice.

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy that today is finally here. I am glued to the tv! I have not seen so many American flags flying so proudly in a long time.

    You said, "Here's to peace and healing the nation's wounds--here's to President Obama--my hope is that he leads our country with wisdom and justice."

    I truly believe he will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to see the parade, but heard parts of the speech. Do you think that somewhere there is a clip of the mustangs in the parade? I'm sad that I missed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted some pictures I took from my camera--but I'll let you know as soon as there's better available somewhere on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took some of those same pictures off the TV. Haven't looked at them yet though. No mustang pictures, I went to the kitchen and by the time I picked my camera up I missed the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw them! I got home from school, turned on the TV, sat down at my computer, and there they were! Beautiful! What a joyous day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mustangs looked beauatiful in the parade! My husband, a Border Patrol Agent, trains and works with some of these mustangs everyday. He was riding Buck, the buckskin just behind Okanogan (at the front). We are very proud of the mustangs and the agents! For those who missed the B.P. Noble Mustangs in the parade, here are links to some footage:

    U S Border Patrol in Obama Inaugural Parade
    YouTube - U S Border Patrol in Obama Inaugural Parade
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL5EKZ0Wkf8

    Border Patrol agents ride in inaugural parade
    YouTube - Border Patrol agents ride in inaugural parade
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TsfypLCheM

    Here is another link to a CBS story on Project Noble Mustang:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmdoalNhAT0&feature=related

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.