Monday, January 12, 2009

Foggy Mondays & Horse Rescue Update

As the title suggests, today was foggy. I couldn't even see the barn. Still, that made me want to get out there all the more--make sure I still had horses.

I'm always surprised to see they are happy and healthy. I think the wet, mud and cold does not affect them the same way it does me.

They're all happy to see me because they're hoping I'll feed them, and I usually do.

Beautiful's hair is matted from the mud, so today I went out and petted on her and groomed her. She was back to her sweet self. Funny, but when I first approached her with the halter, she jumped back, so I set it on the ground and groomed her without it. Then, I picked it back up and put it on her with no problem.

Why is she scared of the halter?? Could this be my problem of the last week with catching her? Or, is she just settling back in to seeing me a lot again? Hmmm....

Did I say that she's a beautiful horse? Oh yeah, ad nauseum. Well, she is. She has the prettiest eyes I've ever seen on a horse. And, you'll all be happy to know her hooves are growing so much better. Slowly but surely they're widening out.

I got an update from Pam Swiderski today, speaking of hooves. She sent some pictures of a trim. Bet you wondered how they were going to do that--trim those skis. The farrier donated his time, and I believe she has a vet coming up to spend a whole day with them, too.

The club went out to see her Sunday, and from what I hear there are a lot of cute babies for adoption. One of the gals is adopting a black colt with white--I believe he's a paint--mostly black though. I bet he's a cutey! I'm glad to hear they're cute, too, it will help them find homes. Some of those sad stories may have happy endings after all.





Teresa, from the MDH club, is adopting the little black colt in the next picture. She posted these shots on the website tonight. You can see some of the other babies in the background--the sorrel is a gelding, the black and white, must be a mare. They still need homes.







As for the piano search, I'm finding out more and more about what I need and how much it costs. I'm not sure what's going to happen. I think I'll keep looking and hope I know when the time is right, and I've found the perfect one.

5 comments:

  1. I'll bet that horse feels so much better now. Oh, those hooves! And good luck with the piano - I believe you WILL know when you find the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a few more shots since this afternoon. These were taken by Teresa from our club, Moms Daughters and Horses. She's adopting the black colt. They really are a cute bunch of babies. It's good to see pictures like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, the black and white by itself was a different rescue - not one of the 33. He is a gelding, they are not sure of his training or anything. The guy ran out of hay and said come get him before I turn him loose, so they did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe those feet! Can you imagine what it must feel like to walk around like that?? *cringe*

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to join our discussion--tell us about your own thoughts and experiences.